Re: [packet-writing] [release] packet-0.0.2c

From: adam@cfar.umd.edu
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 20:02:11 EST

> Try attached patch, I hadn't noticed the segment counts were wrong
> because I have implicit recounting.

Yes, this patch fixes the problem, thanks. Once I aplied I could mount the
cd and write a file to it, so it seems to work.

Three semi-related comments.

The udf from cvs tree has annoying habbit to put udf.o in /fs/udf.o dir
while new modutils put udf.o in kernel/fs/udf/udf.o so if you are not
carefull you still will load old udf.o driver, evern after unning 'make
install' from udf cvs tree.

So when using packet mode with udf I get just 450mb out of 650mb cd?

pktcdvd reports the read speed as 6x, shouldn't it be 8x as this is 8432
drive.

Just for kicks I have attached output of dmesg while using the cd-rw to
mount and write in block mode on udf filesystem.

Thanks for great work! I finally should be able to use cd-rw in packet
mode!

--
Adam
http://www.eax.com	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers