Re: ECN configuration not working

From: Andi Kleen (ak@suse.de)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 16:18:09 EST

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 08:22:41PM +0200, Linux Now wrote:

> I've tested the latest kernels -bitten by truncate too- and have found
> that the ECN configuration does not work as expected.
>
> If you just unset it in .config and echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn,
> it just acts as if it was enabled.
>
> If you include it in your .config and then echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
> it really disables it.
>
> So I guess that there is something wrong when in theory it is disabled.

Try make clean and recompile and test again. You probably didn't run
make depend after you applied the patch that included ECN, so the Makefile
doesn't know that it has to recompile the tcp* files when the ECN setting
changes.

BTW in pre8 there is no tcp_ecn sysctl anymore when the CONFIG is disabled.

-Andi