Re: Who ate my BogoMIPS?!

From: Alexander Hoogerhuis (Alexander.Hoogerhuis@gtnet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 18:43:56 EST

This is where it gets intersting in a hurry, the same machine will
appear as 500, 600, 650, 700 or 750MHz both with AC and without AC on
successive reboots. There seem actually to be little logic in it. I've
now rebooted since I originally posted the first mail, and I'm now
identified as 600MHz, as opposed to 650MHz about an hour ago.

Anyway, being used to a 486dx-40 I don't see the above as a huge
problem... :]

cheers,
Alexander

--
Alexander Hoogerhuis   | Office: +44 (141) 891 4112
Graham Technology      | Mobile: +44 (7720) 351 918