Re: 2.4.0-test8: BUG at ll_rw_blk.c:711

From: Bill West (wingman@nospamsynergy.linux-help.org)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 19:11:59 EST

With 2.4.0-test8 my system reboots on its own about every 6 to 8 hours with
nothing in the logs except dirty partition from unclean shutdown. Reverted
back to test7 and everything back to normal. Was at first thinking it might
have been a hd going flakey but back to rock solid with test7.

Intel PIII 450
256M ram
IDE hd's.
100M/bit ethernet
voodoo3 2000 agp vid card
SBLive Value sound

Coincidence or not but when I ran updatedb to update my locate database it
rebooted toward the end and when it came back up I went back to test7.

Can provide more information as required but didn't want to spam the list
with my .config etc....

remove nospam from address to reply to me directly.