Re: 8% of the Internet unreachable!

From: Steven Cole (elenstev@mesatop.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 23:21:49 EST

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, David Miller wrote:
> From: Steven Cole <elenstev@mesatop.com>
> Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:24:21 -0600
>
> The bottom line is, 2.4.0-test8 works for me with this setup. I
> didn't see any options which would enable/disable ECN, but perhaps
> I overlooked something.
>
> You missed CONFIG_INET_ECN

Thanks. I see now that ECN stands for Explicit Congestion Notification, and
indeed this is one of the options in "networking options". I had looked at
this, and obviously left it set to N. I didn't get the connection between
the acronym ECN and Explicit Congestion Notification. The Help button for
xconfig gives the RTFM, "No Help ..." response.

Perhaps a documentation patch for the help response which warns of the
possible problems with having ECN turned on would be appropriate.

Regards,
        Steven Cole