Re: More on 2.2.18pre2aa2

From: Chris Mason (mason@suse.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 07:15:15 EST

--On 09/11/00 07:45:16 -0400 Ed Tomlinson <tomlins@cam.org> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
>>> Something between bigmem and his big VM changes makes reiserfs
>>> uncompilable. [..]
>
>> It's due LFS. Chris should have a reiserfs patch that compiles on top of
>> 2.2.18pre2aa2, right? (if not Chris, I can sure find it because the
>> server that was reproducing the DAC960 SMP lock inversion was running
>> 2.2.18pre2aa2+IKD on top of an huge reiserfs fs)
>
> Chris, is this patch posted anywhere? Alternately can you take a look
> at the updated patch brian posted and comment/correct (if required).

Patch attached. The patch order should be 2.2.18-prex-aa2,
reiserfs-3.5.25, this patch. I tested against pre3-aa2.

LFS changes for filldir, reiserfs_readpage, and adds limit checking in
file_write to make sure we don't go above 2GB (Andi Kleen). Also fixes
include/linux/fs.h, which does not patch cleanly for 3.5.25 because of usb.

Note, you might see debugging messages about items moving during
copy_from_user. These are safe, but I'm leaving them in for now as I'd
like to find out why copy_from_user is suddenly scheduling much more than
it used to.

> Has the 'atomic' delete code made it into the main reiserfs trees?

No, it is still only 90% done.

-chris