Re: Availability of kdb

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 10:40:18 EST

Jamie,

I should have never brought this example up. The thread "spin_unlock()
optimization" that went on for three weeks with Intel and the whole
planet getting into the fray speaks for itself, and anyone wanting to
search the kernel archives can do so and for their own opinion. I won't
use a Linus example in the future since this seems to turn off some
folks reason centers and they go into "attack mode". I wasn't intending
to offend, just cite an example for Al Viro relative to why code reviews
alone don't give all the perspectives on the whole topic of a kernel
debugger in Linux.

:-)

Jeff