Oops error

From: Bruce Merry (bmerry@iafrica.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 13:52:16 EST

Hello

Sorry I had to send this to the whole developer list - there wasn't much in
the output of ksymoops that told me who to send it to. Here's the background
in case this is useful:

I have a background process that plays mp3's through amp. After one finished
and another tried to start, I got the oops and the mp3 never played (it went
on to the next one). The mp3 was on a UDF CD-RW, and the next one it played
was on the hard drive. Soon thereafter I noticed that all mp3's had stopped
and that any process that tried to read anything from /cdrom (including ls
/cdrom) went into daemon state and refused to die, even with kill -9. I'm
guessing that this means the problem is in either the CD-ROM code or the UDF
code, but it might be unrelated.

I've attached the output from ksymoops.

B4N
Bruce
| Bruce Merry (Entropy) | bmerry at iafrica dot com |
| Proud user of Linux! | http://www.cs.uct.ac.za/~bmerry |
| Disc space -- the final frontier! |