Re: [RFC] Wine speedup through kernel module

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 05:51:21 EST

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:40:45 +0200 (CEST),
adve@oce.nl (Arjan van de Ven) wrote:
>In article <5331.968754237@ocs3.ocs-net> you wrote:
>> #ifdef CONFIG_MODULES
>> EXPORT_SYMBOL(dynamic_syscall_in_modules_helper);
>> #endif
>
>I think this is total bullshit. EXPORT_SYMBOLS should be a nop anyway if
>modules are turned off, as there is no use for it.

Absolutely correct. I was being a bit short with that example, in real
life it would be more like this.

#ifdef CONFIG_MODULES

int dynamic_syscall_in_modules_helper(int syscall, struct module *mod)
{
        /* blah, blah, blah */
}

EXPORT_SYMBOL(dynamic_syscall_in_modules_helper);

#endif

The whole function would depend on CONFIG_MODULES, not just the export.
That's what I get for trying to save bandwidth ...