Re: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 04:49:01 EST

   From: Daniel Quinlan <quinlan@transmeta.com>
   Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 02:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

> Very simply, (drumroll please) I want to run diff. :-)

   I think this is an orthogonal problem. Realtime diffs are good for
   developers, not as useful for someone trying to track bug reports
   and see what has been applied, from whom, descriptions, etc.

Ok, so lets be clear.

Who is this facility really meant for? Linus (to decrease his
workload), Ted (to assist him in keeping the todo/bug lists uptodate),
or developers (who cares :-)?

>From the description, my take was that this thing is meant to help all
three entities.

Later,