PowerPC Linux for AS/400 & RS/6000 Hardware

From: dwayne@austin.ibm.com
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 12:07:11 EST

Linus,

Cort Dougan recently announced he was no longer going to be maintaining
the PowerPC Linux tree. There is a team within IBM actively working
on PowerPC Linux for both 32-bit and 64-bit hardware and we are very
interested in continuing the development of PowerPC Linux. We have been
working with Paul Mackerras and others on the current set of issues for
PowerPC Linux and future directions. We have been preparing to announce
our PowerPC Linux trees and should do so within the next few days. Could
you please add the following changes to the MAINTAINERS file indicating
we are willing to maintain PowerPC Linux for AS/400 and RS/6000 hardware?

683a684,695
> LINUX FOR POWERPC AS/400 & RS/6000
> P: Dwayne Grant McConnell
> M: dwayne@austin.ibm.com