Re: Booting into /bin/bash

From: Ion Badulescu (ionut@cs.columbia.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:52:23 EST

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> Stick a setsid() before the tty stuff.

Have you tried it? There is a good reason why I put the setsid() call so
early in kernel's init(). Once the initialization is done, init will have
several kernel threads as part of its process group, even though it's not
a process leader itself... Yeah, inconsistent, but enough to make
setsid() fail.

At the very very least, the part of my patch that adds the setsid() call
should be applied, so process number 1 _can_ acquire a controlling tty if
it wants to.

Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.