Mounting problems with 2.4.0-t8

From: Robert Holmberg (robert.holmberg@helsinki.fi)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 12:32:50 EST

1. I can't mount any CD-roms on my IDE DVD-ROM drive (Toshiba SD-1212).
   2.2 kernels work fine, it works in Windows and audio CD:s work fine.
Drivers install
   without problems. I use Util-Linux+Mount 2.10o and get the following
error when trying
   to mount:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems

  I have iso9660 and joliet support compiled in. Kernel docs suggest
reading
  data from the device directly and that produces data without errors.

  DVD-videos won't mount as UDF:s either (fails with the same error).

2. Floppies fail to mount too, but mtools work like a charm. The error here
is the same.
   Fat support works since my Win98 partitions are mounted.

Might I have missed some grand new config option since 2.2 ?!?
Config:

AMD K6/2 - 333 on VIA MPV3 chipset w. 128 Mb memory.
Toshiba SD-1212 DVD-ROM.
Err.. a floppy drive?!?

Robert.

--
The FDA says 5 servings of Spruce a day increases sexual potency