Re: PATCH: ide-scsi.c to allow claiming of Onstream drives

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 15:25:36 EST

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 09:22:09PM +0200, Bombeeck, Jack wrote:
> So st should reject those devices that are serviced by
> osst. Couldn't we just let osst claim them first or is
> that too simple?

I think that letting st claim (under any circumstances) a device which it
can't handle is a mistake. It's going to lead to user confusion and other
uglyness.

If st can't handle the device, it shouldn't try.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

G: Let me guess, you started on the 'net with AOL, right? C: WOW! d00d! U r leet! -- Greg and Customer User Friendly, 2/12/1999