Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] pre-patch-2.0.39final

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 10:34:59 EST

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > too loudly about pre8, so it can't be that bad. Oh, and don't bicker
> > and argue about the devfs files. It's not devfs itself, only headers.
>
> Whine bicker bitch moan complain ;)
>
> I'll go over it in detail early next week

You know, one thing that seems to be a general truth is that people don't
report problems until you hold the gun to their head, and count down
from 10. Usually, they speak up at 2 or 1. It's probably due to seeing too
many Hollywood movies.

To prove this, I got a bugreport today. A bug that seems to have been
introduced in pre4, which was released 25th of April. One would expect
that bug to have been reported sooner, right? Hell no. Why report the
bug when you can fall back to pre3 and be happy?! :^)

Oh well. The backdraw with announcing a final is that it only works once
or twice, then the people who don't experience bugs and want the proper
final version get fed up.

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </