RAID HW Questions...

From: Bryan Whitehead (driver@rccacm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 20:11:38 EST

Well. Since DPT rammed me in the ass with their "SmartRAID V" RAID I need
to buy a new RAID card. I don't know who to trust. I was told (about 1
year ago) that DPT was the Co. that liked/worked with the linux community.
Obviously they don't. I don't a driver for over $12,000 in RAID HW. So,
What RAID card (for RAID 5 or 0/1) is supported under linux? When I mean
supported, I mean not some crap ass driver written by an intern. I want
something that inspires love from the author. I want a driver that works.
Something I don't need to worry about through Kernel version 3.x.x. In
other words, something GPLed and Open. I don't care who makes the card, I
just want it to be well supported in Linux. (I also Obviously want
something fast etc). To sum up:

Who out there (for the HW RAID stuff) really works with the Linux Kernel
Developers? ie What HW vendor?

If this seems a bit offtopic then please just reply off-list. (I do
subscribe and have been reading for under a year now).

---
Bryan Whitehead
UTA - Space and Science Division.
Email: driver@rccacm.org