Re: [patchlet] Update help for COMX

From: Rasmus Andersen (rasmus@jaquet.dk)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 14:55:46 EST

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 08:47:55PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > The drivers/net/wan/comx.c #errors if it is compiled in a kernel
> > without procfs support. The following patch updates the documentation
> > to state this. I have cc'ed the maintainer so he can comment.
>
> It does really need procfs, but I'd say its better to put them depenancy
> in the Config.in if you can do it ?

I have proposed this in the past but Arjan van de Ven opinioned that
since the config choice for procfs is after the COMX choice (thus
nulling your COMX option silently if you deselect procfs) the correct
thing would be the documentation patch.

I am inclined to agree with him (hence my submitted patch) bit if
you and/or Linux feels otherwise I can fix the config.in, no problem.

--
Regards,
        Rasmus(rasmus@jaquet.dk)