/dev/f1

From: Daniel Lange (lange92@iscssun.uni.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 13:46:21 EST

Hi all,
  I don't know how relevant to this list my question is, as I'm a quite
new subscriber, but I was perusing the linux kernel (2.2.16) Makefiles and
ran into this in /usr/src/linux/net/ethernet/Makefile:

   tar -cvf /dev/f1 .

  Since I do all my compiling for the i386 tree, I don't know if this line
is ever executed, but I can't seem to find any documentation on /dev/f1.
I've looked in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt, and it's not in
there. So what is this "f1" device? It almost sounds like it should be a
floppy device, but I can't be sure of that.

  Thanks for the info.

Dan Lange