Re: [2.4.0-test9-pre5] SCSI still broken, trident/mixer still broken

From: Douglas Gilbert (dougg@torque.net)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 13:22:46 EST

Torben Mathiasen wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 21 2000, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
>
> [deleted]
>
> > It is not clear to me what "hacking" sg requires as
> > Torben Mathiasen suggested in his response. This seems
> > like a mid level problem. I'll check with my scsi
> > scanner this evening.
> >

> Well first of all the sg driver needs to be updated the
> same way sd and sr was.

Well looking at sr in test9-pre5 the only changes are the
addition of 'static' before the sr_template definition
and various functions. Sg already has the corresponding
functions declared static and the sg_template definition
has been changed to 'static'.

So as far as I can see the mid level has failed to call
sg_detect() when it should have. Simon has now confirmed
with a printk that sg_detect() was not called for the
scanner which the mid level obviously knows about.

Doug Gilbert