Re: [OT] Re: Possible C++ safe header project - Re:[Criticism] On the discussion about C++ modules

From: Andreas Schwab (schwab@suse.de)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 12:20:37 EST

Timur Tabi <ttabi@interactivesi.com> writes:

|> ** Reply to message from Stephen Satchell <spamfilter@fluent-access.com> on
|> Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:54:46 -0700
|>

|> > Linus has the final say, of course, but to suggest that any changes that
|> > remove name collisions between C and C++ be rejected out of hand has the
|> > potential for shooting ourselves in the foot. I'd rather do it slowly
|> > *now* instead of having to do it wholesale when the tools force us.
|>
|> I agree. I think removed C++ reserved keywords from the header files should be
|> the FIRST priority, not the last. How many are there, anyway?
|>
|> new
|> delete
|> virtual
|> class
|> operator
|>
|> That's all I can think of now.

and and_eq bitand bitor bool catch compl const_cast dynamic_cast explicit
false friend mutable namespace not not_eq or or_eq private protected
public reinterpret_cast static_cast template this throw true try typeid
typename using wchar_t xor xor_eq

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."