Re: nfsv3d wrong truncates over 4G

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 16:55:14 EST

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 11:25:14PM +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> The NFSv3 SERVER (for which Andrea made his patch)
> actually MUST open local files with O_LARGEFILE
> flag set. (Otherwise e.g. EXT2 may reject the open.)

Exactly, that is the code-sharing implementation detail I was mentioning. That
must be true not only for ext2 of course but for every other fs that nfsd is
sitting upon. That was just fine in 2.4.0-test10-pre4. Andi spotted and fixed
that some week ago.

> The NFSv3 CLIENT code must do post-open verification,
> that if the opened file has size exceeding 2G-1, and
> O_LARGEFILE flag is not set, the opened file must be
> closed, and caller must be informed of the rejection
> with -EFBIG status.
> (If possible, do that size verification before open.)

2.2.18pre17aa1 lfs is completly complaint in this sense.

> Am I making any sense ?

You're completly right.

Andrea