Re: Quota fixes and a few questions

From: Juri Haberland (juri.haberland@innominate.de)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 04:31:59 EST

"Stephen C. Tweedie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 07:03:54PM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
> >
> > > I stumbled into another problem:
> > > When using ext3 with quotas the kjournald process stops responding and
> > > stays in DW state when the filesystem gets under heavy load. It is easy
> > > to reproduce:
> > > Just extract two or three larger tar.gz files at the same time to a ext3
> > > filesystem with activated quotas...
>
> Which ext3 version, exactly? 0.0.2f had quota problems because ext3
> wasn't doing quota writethrough, so that inode cleaning could force
> out random dirty quotas at any point. 0.0.3b should fix that. If it
> doesn't, I'll try to reproduce it here.

Hi Stephen,

unfortunately 0.0.3b has the same problem. I tried it with a stock
2.2.17 kernel + NFS patches + ext3-0.0.3b and the quota rpm you
included. Extracting two larger tar.gz files hits the deadlock reliably.

Juri

--
juri.haberland@innominate.de
system engineer                                         innominate AG