Question: multiple major numbers - one driver

From: chris parker (chrisp@procom.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 14:07:38 EST

I have a need for more than 256 minor numbers. I could add some
more major numbers, thus getting the number of majors * 256.
I would like to have only device driver loaded to handle the
multiple majors.
I thoought of the following things that would have to be changed:

1) make the new device descriptors
2) add the new majors to the register_blkdev and unregister
   system calls
3) process multiple CURRENT q's when receiving a request
   from the block device layer. Each unique major has
   a seperate incoming q.

   Does any know of anything else that would prevent me from doing
   this ??