Re: LVM snapshotting broken?

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 17:07:13 EST

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:

> > OK, good. I guess that means that the lvmutils (even the
> > patched version in the RPM) are heavily broken ...
>
> As i mentioned before: i wasn't able to reproduce your problem on any of
> my systems. It work just fine with 0.8final and in 0.9 as weel.
>
> Did anybody else beside Rik face a problem with snapshots _not_
> referring to the original logical volume they where created for?

There's a missing item in the _data structure declaration_
in the header file that prevents userspace from passing
the right LV argument to the kernel, resulting in the kernel
always making a snapshot of LV #0.

You may have written LVM, but that doesn't excuse you from
checking your facts ;)

regards,

Rik

--
"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
       -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/