RE: USB init order dependencies.

From: Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 13:10:49 EST

> Personally, I think this fix is less ugly than any of the
> alternatives I've seen so far.
>
> It removes the dependency on init order completely, by
> statically putting
> the hub driver into the usb_driver_list at compile time.
>
> Leave the link ordering stuff for 2.5.

David is entitled to his opinion (IMO).
And I dislike this patch, as he and I have already discussed.

Short of fixing the link order, I like Jeff's suggestion
better (if it actually works, that is): go back to the
way it was a few months ago by calling usb_init()
from init/main.c and making the module_init(usb_init);
in usb.c conditional (#ifdef MODULE).

~Randy