test11-pre6 still very broken

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@aivazian.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 15:00:49 EST

Hi,

The mysterious lockups in test11-pre5 continue in test11-pre6. It is very
difficult because the lockups appear to be kdb-specific (and kdb itself
goes mad) but when there is no kdb there is very little useful information
one can extract from a dead system...

I will start removing kernel subsystems, one by one and try to reproduce
it on as plain kernel as possible (i.e. just io, no networking etc.)

So, this not-very-useful report just says -- test11-pre6 is extremely
unstable, a simple "ltrace ls" can cause a lockup. Also, some programs
work when run normally but coredump (or hang) when run via strace, but
only sometimes, not always... (no, I don't have faulty memory, I run
memtest!)

Regards,
Tigran