Re: BTTV detection broken in 2.4.0-test11-pre5

From: Werner Almesberger (Werner.Almesberger@epfl.ch)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 08:14:26 EST

Gerd Knorr wrote:
> It simply did'nt work correctly and often used to misdetect
> random bt848 cards as either MIRO or Hauppauge (which where the first
> available cards).

Well, this means there's yet another mandatory __setup parameter :-(

Should it be called bttv_card or bt484_card (i.e. are there cases
where a user would want to override the card detection for non-848
bttv cards ?)

Likewise, in my radio patch, I called the parameter bt848_radio,
following the naming convention chosen for the config option. If
there are other chips, this may not be a good idea. Should I rename
this one to bttv_radio or are there no radios on non-848 chips ?
(I'll make a patch with both setup functions, since the
documentation changes overlap anyway.)

- Werner