Re: ATA/IDE: dmaproc error 14 testers wanted!

From: Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.cs.columbia.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 03:35:25 EST

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 12:23:05 -0800 (PST), Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org> wrote:

> If anyone is suffering from the dreaded "dmaproc error 14: unsupported"
> error and want to test a code that could get you out of that deadlock
> please speak up.
>
> Basically this is an Intel 440BX PIIX4 issues, but the solution is global
> and should work for all cases.

Interestingly enough, I get it on a VIA MVP3 with 2.2.18pre + bkz's patch.
Since it's eaten two filesystems by now, I'm not overly eager to play
with it again... On a second thought though, I'd rather play with it now
in a controlled environment, so feel free to send the patch my way.

If you want details, just ask.

Thanks,
Ion

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.