Re: VIA IDE UDMA Mode x -> CRC-ERRORs (2.4.0-testxx)

From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 07:02:07 EST

Hi!

Thanks for the fast reply - but I can't follow. What is the _tuning
aspect_ and how is it modified?

Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org> wrote:

> There is a problem that it does not downgrade the IO if all you have is
> iCRC errors. The threshold is 10 events without other errors and it
> should skip you from ATA-66 to ATA-44. If you did not enable the tuning
> aspect of the chipset then do so now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andre Hedrick
> CTO Timpanogas Research Group
> EVP Linux Development, TRG
> Linux ATA Development

k33p h4ck1n6 René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)
http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/