Re: "No IRQ known for interrupt pin A..." error message

From: Alex Romosan (romosan@adonis.lbl.gov)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 20:32:39 EST

Gerhard Mack <gmack@innerfire.net> writes:

> That looks exactly like the message I get if I tell the bios not to
> assign an interrupt to my video card.

unfortunately, i don't get such a choice. and if what you say is true,
isn't the message ("No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device
05:00.0. Please try using pci=biosirq") misleading? to me this means
the kernel couldn't find the irq by itself, so it will ask the bios.
but if the irq is not assigned in the bios, how can kernel find it
then? maybe i should look at the code itself to try to understand what
is going on here (chances are i won't understand the code anyway, so
that's why i'm asking).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |