Linux 2.4.0test11-ac1

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 08:51:53 EST

Differences between 2.4.0test11ac1 and 2.4.0test11, pretty much all merged
from stuff off the maintainers and kernel list.

For newcomers to these patches:

- You can find them on ftp.*.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan
- They are diffed against the base revision not cumulative diffs
- Please report -ac bugs to me. I'm sure Linus doesn't want to know
        unless you can duplicate the problem on unadulterated 2.4test

Change Log

o Documentation for CONFIG_TOSHIBA
o Updated version of Rusty's kernel-hacking doc
o Updated SubmittingDrivers
o Added SubmittingPatches
o Updated procfs docs
o Updated initrd docs
o Support kgcc autodetect
o Link correctly with ACPI on ACPI_INTERPRETER off
o Rusty's fixes/review of unsafe set_bit usage
o Cleanup console_verbose() dunplication
o MTRR updates (36bit etc)
o Dont crash on boot with a dual cpu board holding a non intel cpu
o Ramdisk missing blkdev_put
o Radio driver cleanups
o BTTV radio config option
o Fix qcam VIDIOCGWIN bugs
o 3c503 error return cleanup
o 8390 seperate tx timeout path
o Acenic update
o Network driver check/request region fixes
o Epic100 update
o Tulip crash fix on weird eeproms
o ISAPnP hang on boot port fix
o CS46xx update
o Maestro pci_enable fix
o Support mixed pnp and legacy sb cards
o Fix function prototype in wacom drivr
o Hopefully fix the bugs in the FAT and HPFS file systems that
        caused fs corruption
o Fix cramfs vanishing data bug
o Fix NLS config.in bug for SMB
o Fix generic bitops bugs
o Power management locking fixes
o filemap posix compliance fix
o Fix pte handling race

Also the ramfs changes are in my tree. I don't plan to submit the ramfs bits
to Linus in their current state, thats just an Alan Convenience