Re: LKCD from SGI

From: Matt D. Robinson (yakker@alacritech.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 13:14:33 EST

64738 wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I tried to find some information on whether the Linux Kernel Crash Dumps
> patches are going into 2.4 (or 2.5). Has there been any decision?

LKCD won't go into 2.4 (or 2.5) until I finish writing the direct
disk open/write functions that avoid going through the standard
IDE and SCSI drivers. I'm working on it.

As far as work for 2.4 goes, we've got a version on SourceForge that
works well (for i386 and 95% for ia64).

As soon as the drivers are done, we'll hopefully get acceptance.

--Matt

P.S. Any way we can standardize 'make install' in the kernel? It's
      disturbing to have different install mechanisms per platform ...
      I can make the changes for a few platforms.