Re: ext2 filesystem corruptions back from dead? 2.4.0-test11

From: Guest section DW (dwguest@win.tue.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 07:52:52 EST

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 05:03:00PM +1100, Neil Brown wrote:

> Oh, good. It's not just me and Tigran then.

You have it all backwards. It would be good if it were
just you and Tigran. Unfortunately it also hits me.

(I am reorganizing my disks, copying large trees from
one place to the other. Always doing a diff -r between
old and new before removing the old version.
Yesterday I had a diff -r showing that the old version
was corrupted and the new was OK. Of course a second
look showed that the old version also was OK, the corruption
must have been in the buffer cache, not on disk.)

Andries