Re: Patch: linux-2.4.0-test11/drivers/sound/maestro.c port to new PCI interface

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 18:10:27 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > > I also agree that the ioctl patch is kind of a bandaid over
> > > the problems that you described, and, while Zach Brown can speak
> >
> > The biggest problem is that the current code is gross gross gross.
> > I've been avoiding dealing with it too much in the hopes that moving to
> > oss_audio will make things much more friendly across the board.
>
> What is oss_audio?

A module I wrote to encapsulate all the OSS logic into a single file.
There are so many sound drivers that get their ioctls wrong in certain
cases, don't do mmap, etc. that I moved all the logic into one place.

You can obtain include/linux/oss_audio.h and drivers/sound/oss_audio.c
from gkernel CVS. Check out module 'linux_2_4', tag
'hack_2_4_0_test11'. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gkernel/)

> I thought alsa is going in in 2.5...

Yep.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik             |
Building 1024           | The chief enemy of creativity is "good" sense