What that Majordomo testing was about ...

From: Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@zmailer.org)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 05:50:31 EST

Ok, I think I have waited enough to be fairly sure that
now the thing worked.

The first goal was to create configuration which detects
the presense of:
header, and blocks it.
That should prevent loops in the list when somebody
goofs up and sends email out from their fetchmail, or
whatever, to the VISIBLE headers of the message.

Tabooing some discussion subjects isn't primary goal, but
apparently such is also possible, if needed.

Also tabooing messages which contain juicy key phrases
which spammers often use to "legitimize" their postings
is possible, although presently not very much such spam
email makes to the system (and thus thru the lists).
It is amazing what RBL+DUL+RSS trio can filter quickly.

... and none of that discussion above should make to the list
under subject of "Third Majordomo Test" ;)

/Matti Aarnio

attached mail follows:

The first goal is to create configuration which detects
the presense of:
header, and blocks it.
That should prevent loops in the list when somebody
goofs up and sends email out from their fetchmail, or
whatever, to the VISIBLE headers of the message.

Tabooing some discussion subjects isn't primary goal, but
apparently such is also possible, if needed.

... and none of that discussion should make to the list ;)

/Matti Aarnio