Re: More on the VIA KT133 chipset misbehaving in Linux

From: Matthew Fredrickson (lists@frednet.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 20:02:38 EST

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 11:14:02AM +0000, Adrian Cox wrote:
> Dylan Griffiths wrote:
> > The VIA KT133 chipset exhibits the following bugs under Linux 2.2.17 and
> > 2.4.0:
> > 1) PS/2 mouse cursor randomly jumps to upper right hand corner of screen and
> > locks for a bit
>
> This happens to me about once a month on a BX chipset PII machine here,
> and on a KT133 chipset machine I have. I have to hit ctrl-alt-backspace
> to regain control of the console. I always assumed it was a bug in X,
> but it never caused me enough trouble to actually make me pursue it.

It happens to me also. In fact, I posted a message a week or two ago
asking if anybody else had similar trouble and if anybody knew anything
about it. I eventually just quit using the ps/2 mouse port and hooked my
mouse up to the usb port to get it fixed. It irritated me a great deal
though until I finally just switched it over to usb.

Matthew Fredrickson