RE: Microsoft begining to open source Windows 2000?

From: Venkatesh Ramamurthy (Venkateshr@ami.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 11:04:25 EST

My initial thought after seeing this article was that microsoft was testing
its waters on open sourcing. If i have 1500 licenses then i would get the
source. If i find any bug in thier source , i would report to microsoft or
send a patch and they would put it in thier next version. Is this not the
same way Linux Kernel is developed?. Only thing microsoft does not want to
immediately go full open sourcing and get embarrased at the hands of linux
people.