Re: 2.2.x kernels not filling in siginfo_t.si_addr on SEGV?

From: David Watson (dwatson@cs.ucr.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 19:26:11 EST

> Greetings!  Shouldn't a SIGSEGV fill in th si_addr member of the
> siginfo_t structure passed to a signal handler?  Here is what I see

Our group ran into this problem last summer while we were developing the
Oasis+ DSM system. We worked around it by utilizing the following code
fragment:

void fault_handler(int sig, siginfo_t *sip, ucontext_t *ucp)
{
        void *addr;

        addr = (void *) ucp->uc_mcontext.cr2;

}

Hope that helps.

Regards,
David

--
The theory of groups is a branch of Mathematics in which one does
something to something and then compares the result with the result