Re: Linux 2.4.2ac12 and ac13 breaks usb-visor

From: David Huggins-Daines (dhd@eradicator.org)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 21:10:32 EST

Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 02:13:32PM -0600, Erik DeBill wrote:
> > Until it's documented this is a landmine. JE is the default USB
> > driver, so you can bet that a great many people will be using it (even
> > though it's described as "alternate"). Once it's fixed we just pull
> > the warning from Config.help.
>
> No, JE is _NOT_ the default USB UHCI driver, it doesn't say so in the
> menu or anywhere. It's just another option.

It's the one listed in arch/i386/defconfig. Of course, it's debatable
whether that actually means 'default' or not (since in fact it's more
like 'what Linus uses'), but plenty of people will see it as such.

--
David Huggins-Daines              -                     dhd@pobox.com
                      http://www.pobox.com/~dhd/