Possible bug with poll syscall

From: Alex Baretta (alex@baretta.com)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 08:23:42 EST

I am using poll with the POLLIN flag to wait for connection
requests on a set of listening sockets in a server process.
Although clients attempt to connect to those sockets, poll does
returns zero after the expiration of the timeout. I believe this
might be a bug. As far as I understand poll should be woken up by
connection requests and should signal them with a POLLIN. But,
then again, I might have misunderstood the specification.

Would anyone please shed some light on this issue?

Thank you very much.

Alex Baretta