memory allocation problems

From: majer@endeca.com
Date: Fri Apr 06 2001 - 09:06:47 EST

  Hi. Im hoping someone on here can help me out. I posted something
  similar to this back in June 2000 when I was on the 2.2.X line and
  was waiting to see if the 2.4 kernel would provide a fix.

  Essentially, the problem can be summarized to be that on a machine
  with ample ram (2G, 4G, etc), I am unable to malloc a gig if I ask
  for the memory in small ( <= 128k) chunks. I've enclosed some results
  and a little program which was put together to demonstrate the problems
  we're having. All of the failures seem to occur around 930MB.

  I'm more than happy to try any tunings, patches, etc and my
  time is at your disposal.

  Thanks,

  Karl

----
        Karl Majer                          majer@endeca.com
        Sr Systems Architect                617 577 7999 xt 251

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too." --Voltaire