Re: Microsoft and Xenix.

From: Rob Landley (landley@webofficenow.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 05:36:46 EST

On Saturday 23 June 2001 22:47, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Rob Landley <landley@webofficenow.com> writes:
> > Ummm... GEM was the Geos stuff? (Yeah I remember it, I haven't
> > researched it yet though...)
>
> GEM was a gui from Digital Research I believe.
> Geoworks/Geos was a seperate entity.

Ah, the DR-DOS answer to dosshell/windows. Cool. (I used Dr. Dos byt never
tried its gui.)

I know the geos had nothing to do with digital, it started as a windowing GUI
for the commodore 64, if you can believe that...

> It's been a long time since I looked but they both run fine under
> dosemu...

I don't suppose you've got reference to literature or some such? I'd love to
work this into my huge obnoxious data tree I'm building...

Rob