Re: What are the VM motivations??

From: Russell Leighton (russell.leighton@247media.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 20:46:36 EST

I read this thread as asking the question:

    If VM management is viewed as an optimization problem,
    then what exactly is the function that you are optimizing and what are the constraints?

If you could express that well with a even a very loose model, then
the code could be reviewed to see if it was really doing what was intended
and assumptions could be tested.

This seems like a reasonable request.

Russell Leighton    russell.leighton@247media.com