supermount

From: Sam Halliday (10226982@qub.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 11:44:03 EST

This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet,
a Business Online Group company. http://www.thefreeinternet.net
hello, i have only been using linux for about a year, i am a physicist
and i need its fast number crunching for my programs, i have recently
become interrested in the kernel (i believe everyone should have some
understanding of their tools),

i have noticed supermount is not a standard part of this project, is
there a good reason why this is? i apologise if this is a very silly
question as i am sure it is, but it really does seem to me to be an
essential feature, are there any plans to include it as a standard
feature or is this due to man-power? i know patches do exist out there
(all beit, really hard to find for recent 2.4.5)

anyways, keep up the good work, i wish i knew enough about the whole
thing to help out in some way,

Sam, Ireland