RE: Maintainers master list?

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 15:46:05 EST

On 26 Jun 2001 16:03:05 -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Holzrichter, Bruce wrote:
>
> > respect Eric, and all the developers work. How about starting
> > with a simple MAINTAINERS file maintainer? Someone to actively
> > follow project developers and contact info?
>
> That's the best idea I've read so far.
>
> Any takers?

me. I took issue with the MAINTAINERS file when Eric brought it up
originally. However, I don't think drastic measures need to be taken.
I have seen a lot of ideas, including Meta-data in the kernel source.

What I think we need is the simple solution: find a maintainer for the
file, cleanup the current cruft and misinformation, and then actively
work to keep the file current. I am willing to be this maintainer.

I am not a major "maintainer" in the kernel, but I have and do
contribute. Thus I think this is a good task for me. I am willing and
wanting to do this. Comments?

--
Robert M. Love
rml at ufl.edu