Re: Tracking down semaphore usage/leak

From: Ken Brownfield (brownfld@irridia.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 17:24:23 EST

Urgh, learn something new everyday (ipcs, ipcrm). My apologies; apropos
didn't catch it on my boxes. :-(

--
Ken.
brownfld@irridia.com

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 02:09:16PM -0700, Ken Brownfield wrote: | With RedHat's new Samba 2.0.10 RPM (the one to patch the latest | vulnerability) they seem to have sniffed enough glue to start using SysV | IPC semaphores which apparently leak until SEM??? are reached. semget() | is returning "No space left on device", and disk/inodes/memory are all | fine. | | Anyway, could someone give me a very quick rundown of the options for | tracking/force-freeing semaphores, or how to determine from proc, if | possible, what the current semaphore allocation status is? Or did RH | slay a machine I really don't want to reboot? I've restarted all | semaphore-using processes to no avail, but even so the SEM??? limits are | far above the normal needs of this machine. | | Thanks much. Searched the archives/Google/FAQ/semaphore docs; sorry if | it's been covered. I'll summarize if folks want to hit me on or off the | list. | -- | Ken. | brownfld@irridia.com - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/