RE: random failures with megaraid driver on 2.4.4 SMP

From: Kelly Martin (kellym@fb00.fb.org)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 08:25:46 EST

FYI, patching megaraid.c to disable 64-bit mode avoids the problem.
Apparently, the firmware provided by HP for this card is buggy in 64 bit
mode. System has run stably for two weeks after applying the patch.
Contact me if you want the patch. Thanks to Martti Hyppänen for the patch.

(Posted because I've received followup inquiries; please cc: replies.)

Kelly Martin
American Farm Bureau Federation
kellym@fb.org