What is the best way for multiple net_devices

From: andrew may (acmay@acmay.homeip.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 16:52:01 EST

Is there a standard way to make multiple copies of a network device?

For things like the bonding/ipip/ip_gre and others they seem to expect
insmod -o copy1 module.o
insmod -o copy2 module.o

It seems to me that this will waste space creating copies of all the
static data.

Then there are things like ipsec that create a few static net_dev
structures, but I have no idea how they deal with more entries.
They probably don't.

The PCI drivers seem to be pretty clean with init_one type functions.

Is there anything similar for generic hardware-less network devices.

I would hate to have write an ioctl to create a new device without

Andrew May
acmay@acmay.homeip.net