Re: VIA 686B/Data Corruption FAQ

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 05:03:53 EST

> http://www.viahardware.com/686bfaq.shtm
>
> Couldn't find a mention of this in the archives, but those interested in
> the VIA chipset issues should check this out. The page contains the
> following officail statement from VIA:

Yeah I've seen it, but they won't tell people what is in it which is useless
to non windows people. The whole procedure is quite complex because the fixups
depend which PCI cards you have (eg ES137x 'SB PCI 64/SB PCI 128' cards don't
work with the base set of fixups but apparently use a different set)

Alan