Re: Cosmetic JFFS patch.

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 13:13:08 EST

torvalds@transmeta.com said:
> I consider them harmful when I start getting annoying patches that
> start adding more and more of them.

> Which is how this whole thread started.

Sort of. The point of the patch which started this thread was as a wake-up
call to a company who had taken the code, renamed it to appear as their own,
commented out the version and copyright printk, and shipped it to their
customers in an RPM which claimed it was proprietary code.

That wake-up call served its primary purpose quite effectively.

The new line was added simply to ensure that if such a thing happens again,
the newly-named copyright holder will be in a position to do something about
it.

Take them all out if you must. I stand by my prediction.

--
dwmw2